The UN Global Compact, the world's largest corporate sustainability initiative, will organise a high-level meeting on Harnessing Ocean Electricity at the 2020 UN Ocean Conference in Lisbon on 2-6 June.
The meeting is based on the Five Tipping Points identified by the Global Compact's Action Platform for Oceans. The Platform joins together leading actors from business, academia and governments to determine how ocean industries can deliver a healthy ocean and a prosperous ocean economy.
The Action Platform has created Sustainable Ocean Principles that companies can endorse in order to demonstrate their commitment to ocean sustainability. Companies with a combined market value exceeding 2.5 trillion US dollars have already signed on. This initiative will enable the market forces to drive development in the right, more sustainable direction.
More information on endorsing the Principles can be found here.
- Targeted innovation to drive large-scale deployment of ocean energy, says new ETIP Ocean report
- UN Global Compact hosts an online dialogue on sustainable ocean business
- Apply for the Atlantic Project Award to promote your project
- Ocean energy featured at UN Ocean Conference in June
- Ocean Energy Workshop at Interreg NWE event on 4 and 5 December
- Join the webinar: Help shape the new Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda
- OceanSET Workshop at OEE2019
- Wave Energy Scotland awards £1m to advanced control systems
- Ocean Energy Statistics 2018: Europe leading the sector
- ETIP Ocean report: Powering Homes Today, Powering Nations Tomorrow
- The work of ETIP Ocean continues!
- Report on Future emerging technologies for the ocean energy sector
- Ocean energy conference: the impact of EU R&D funding
- Market Study on Ocean Energy
- OES Spotlight on Ocean Energy
- UK Ocean Energy Review 2017
- European Commission consultation on EU funding
- Updated list of events
- Wave energy information: WES online library
- Study on Lessons for Ocean Energy Development
- Commission Joint Research Centre publishes Ocean Energy status report
- ETS reform proposal to fund the energy transition
- ETIP Ocean website online
- Ocean energy industry sets research priorities for maximum impact