A new report by the European Commission's Joint Research Centre (JRC) analyses ten future emerging technologies to generate energy from the ocean tides and waves.
The report, Future emerging technologies for the ocean energy sector: innovation and game-changers offers policy makers and all other ocean energy stakeholders an array of innovations that can bring ocean energy to the market. The experts describe state of advancement of each of the technology family, advantages, technological limitations, as well as their technology readiness level.
The full report can be found on the European Commission website.
- Ocean Energy Workshop at Interreg NWE event on 4 and 5 December
- Join the webinar: Help shape the new Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda
- OceanSET Workshop at OEE2019
- Wave Energy Scotland awards £1m to advanced control systems
- Ocean Energy Statistics 2018: Europe leading the sector
- ETIP Ocean report: Powering Homes Today, Powering Nations Tomorrow
- The work of ETIP Ocean continues!
- Report on Future emerging technologies for the ocean energy sector
- Ocean energy conference: the impact of EU R&D funding
- Market Study on Ocean Energy
- OES Spotlight on Ocean Energy
- UK Ocean Energy Review 2017
- European Commission consultation on EU funding
- Updated list of events
- Wave energy information: WES online library
- Study on Lessons for Ocean Energy Development
- Commission Joint Research Centre publishes Ocean Energy status report
- ETS reform proposal to fund the energy transition
- ETIP Ocean website online
- Ocean energy industry sets research priorities for maximum impact