28 January 2021
2 pm UTC / 3 pm CET
Lisa Fitzpatrick, EMEC
Gary Connor, Nova Innovation
Deployment of ocean energy pilot farms in full operational conditions for long periods of time is essential to advance the sector. It is the only way to achieve high TRLs while reducing costs, reducing risks and attracting investors for future commercial projects.
Multi-device deployments are the next step in the tidal stream technology. A few pilot farms are currently in the water, with lots more in the pipeline for the next years. In this joint ETIP Ocean and Ocean DEMO webinar, you will hear lessons learnt from pilot farm projects so far and considerations to be made when going from a single device to an array deployment.
You can register here.
- New ETIP Ocean report calls for streamlined, science-based consenting processes for ocean energy
- Targeted innovation to drive large-scale deployment of ocean energy, says new ETIP Ocean report
- UN Global Compact hosts an online dialogue on sustainable ocean business
- Apply for the Atlantic Project Award to promote your project
- Ocean energy featured at UN Ocean Conference in June
- Ocean Energy Workshop at Interreg NWE event on 4 and 5 December
- Join the webinar: Help shape the new Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda
- OceanSET Workshop at OEE2019
- Wave Energy Scotland awards £1m to advanced control systems
- Ocean Energy Statistics 2018: Europe leading the sector
- ETIP Ocean report: Powering Homes Today, Powering Nations Tomorrow
- The work of ETIP Ocean continues!
- Report on Future emerging technologies for the ocean energy sector
- Ocean energy conference: the impact of EU R&D funding
- Market Study on Ocean Energy
- OES Spotlight on Ocean Energy
- UK Ocean Energy Review 2017
- European Commission consultation on EU funding
- Updated list of events
- Wave energy information: WES online library
- Study on Lessons for Ocean Energy Development
- Commission Joint Research Centre publishes Ocean Energy status report
- ETS reform proposal to fund the energy transition
- ETIP Ocean website online
- Ocean energy industry sets research priorities for maximum impact